Friday, June 17, 2011

Turkeys attacked by fox again

I came home from a short business trip to find quite a few missing turkeys. Before I left I counted about 45 turkeys in the barn brooder. Upon returning two days later it seemed sparse in the brooder and sure enough the count was 22 only. I found this tunnel dug in from the empty stall next to it, and a just killed young turkey in that stall. Apparently whatever happened was just that morning. My first suspicion is the fox returned and feasted on young turkey.

For tonight we moved the rest of them to the temp turkey coop by the chickens (where the web cam is watching). Tomorrow I'll get up before early and watch the sunrise with my shotgun!


You can see the tunnel dug under the divider. There were actually two such tunnels.

No comments:

Post a Comment