Thursday, July 21, 2011

Busy Busy!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately.. believe me it is NOT because nothing is happening around the farm. In fact just the opposite is true. There is a LOT going on, so much we can barely keep up. To make things even more busy, we lost our farm hand to a move out of state, so I am maintaining everything myself now. Summer is normally a very busy time, and we have added so many things this summer that its a bit hard to keep up.

It looks like we are finally getting organized enough to slow down a little bit, at least to normal. I hope to be able to post some of the exciting projects we have going. This summer has been a string of success and failures. More lessons learned, and more new things tried. Part of hte fun of running a small farm these days is exactly that.. the discovery and experimentation. There is so much to learn that we have lost over the last century... so much wisdom and knowledge that just isnt available anymore, that every day is an exploration into the cutting edge. Believe me, my background is in high tech computer stuff, and running a small sustainable farm creating organic nutrient dense food is the most challenging and exciting thing I have ever undertaken. Technology is easy, nature... that is something totally different and complex!

No comments:

Post a Comment